Principles of Crowd Fund Real Estate Investing
Everything You Need To Know About CFRE Investing
Here's what you can expect from this course.
If you want to learn the fundamentals of investing in crowd fund real estate deals, and how to actually tell the good from the bad in the way that seasoned professionals do, then this course could be just right for you.
If you want to:
- Invest in deals that earn passive income to supplement your salary
- Build wealth over the long term
- Have income for retirement
- Generate predictable revenue for your kids’ education
- Create a balanced real estate portfolio that builds wealth and earns income
- Spread your investments across a range of deals
- Identify the best of the best real estate pros and partner with them
- Understand how risks and returns are measured and balanced
- Invest in some of the highest-class properties in America
- Be able to understand and analyze ANY real estate deal
- Learn how to invest in debt and equity or both
- Look at and evaluate CFRE deals like a professional investor would
- Become smarter at picking good deals
IF YES to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you.
What if I don’t have any real estate background?
I break the many layers of real estate down into a series of easy to understand component parts.
You can focus on a real estate investment strategy that works for you.
In fact, remarkably, there is only ONE thing that you really need to focus in the development process and I show you how you can learn that in a careful, easy to follow step by step way.
I have done some investing before. What can I learn from your course?
I can tell you this. If you experience is less than 10 years old, then you have not (seen and suffered) a downturn so taking my course will help you gain the insights that only going through several downturns can give.
Anyone can find definitions for real estate concepts online, on YouTube or wherever.
Understanding the DNA of what these concepts mean involves decades of hands on experience. You can get that in a few short hours taking this course.
Some of the advanced concepts I incorporate into the course include helping you so:
- You can compare risk-return profiles across different real estate types.
- You can evaluate a downtown office building investment alongside a senior housing deal.
- You can decide when to exit a deal evaluation before wasting time on it.
- You can figure out which development strategy best fits your investment profile.
- You can tell if yours and the developer’s interests are aligned (and why that’s important)
- You can assess if a sponsor’s investment thesis is fine or flawed.
- You can tell if the promote and fees in a deal are reasonable (and what they are)
- You can understand your rights and responsibilities in a deal.
And you can do this for ANY type of real estate deal. No matter the type of real estate. Or the investment strategy the developer is employing.
There is some math!
Yes. There is math. I will not lie.
But math my way is a beautiful thing.
I lay it out in small, easy to understand parts, and I present difficult concepts in various ways so that you can see it from different angles.
In teaching hundreds of students in classroom settings, I have taken all their FAQs and incorporated them into the course so you can learn tough concepts easily, and painlessly.
Oh. And by the way.
After over 35 years of experience and dealing with THOUSANDS of professional real estate men and women throughout my career, MOST of them also have NO CLUE what some of the more challenging concepts mean or how to calculate them.
So don’t let a little math put you off.
By the time you finish this course, you’ll be better prepared than a great many folk in the industry – and you’ll be able to tell which of them are bluffing before you send them any money!
What will I be able to do after I take your course?
After taking the course:
- You will be able to quickly assess whether a deal is worth spending time on
- You will be able to compare one deal against another
- You will be able to evaluate the risk return profile of any deal
- You will be able to tell if the developer has done his job properly
- You will be able to decide if a deal is worthy of your investment dollars.
- You will be able to mitigate risk by spreading your investments across a range of deals
What WON'T I get from this course?
This is not a course leading to licensed credentials.
It is strictly for the independent investor or advisor who wants to up their game and understand real estate as only a seasoned professional can understand it.
I express very few opinions in this course and none about specific deals or sites. And this despite being extremely opinionated!
I offer no investment advice of any kind. This course is entirely oriented to providing you with the tools to make reasoned decisions yourself.
The course does not drill down on the DNA of individual asset classes. That is covered in other courses.
This course provides an overview of the tools for understanding crowd real estate deals and utilizes extensive case study and spreadsheets so you can learn faster with concrete examples.
Who Does This Course Benefit?
- Novice crowd fund real estate investors
- Experienced crowd fund real estate investors
- Investors who do not have the time to develop/manage real estate themselves
- Private real estate investment club members
- Family office teams
- Those who want to invest in real estate while pursuing a non-real estate career
- Students interested in real estate
- Real estate agents/brokers who want to assist their clients buy bigger deals
- Registered Investment Advisors wanting to provide real estate investment options to clients
Will You Work Through a Particular Deal With Me?
Yes. Please visit the GowerCrowd.com website and schedule a time to run through a deal with me there.
Dr. Adam Gower is the world's foremost expert on raising real estate capital online.
He has combined his decades long experience in real estate investment and finance with best-of-class digital marketing techniques to create the Investor Acquisition System - a process utilized by sponsors and crowdfunding platforms to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.
He has held senior management positions at some of the largest real estate companies and institutions in the world and is recognized as an industry thought leader on the impact of crowd funding on the industry. During the 1990’s he was President and CEO of a division of Universal Studios developing their real estate portfolio throughout the Asia Pacific Region. After the financial crisis of 2008 had taken hold, Dr. Gower advised major regional banks and the world's largest private equity fund on their asset disposition strategies, assisting them to divest of large portfolios of real estate collateralized loans, and personally transacting in excess of $1.5 billion in real estate of all types.
Dr. Gower builds digital marketing platforms for developers so they can raise capital online and has taught the only fully accredited course in the country that focuses on real estate syndication investment via crowdfunding.
His first book Jacob Schiff and the Art of Risk, (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018) examines how investment banks mitigated risk in the early 20th Century and his work linking regulatory changes of today with practices described in this book are considered by many as being groundbreaking.
His second book, Leaders of the Crowd, (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019) is based on his internationally syndicated podcast series, The Real Estate Crowdfunding Show, Syndication in the Digital Age. Dr. Gower is the founder of GowerCrowd, the real estate syndication industry's leading resource for news, training, and online education for both sponsors and investors alike.
Visit GowerCrowd.com for free resources and more information.